Your roof is an important element to think about, especially when owning a commercial and industrial business. It is going to provide safety and protection to your goods and the people working in the building.
Considering metal roofing is a great idea. Here’s everything to know about it.
Common Uses and Applications for Metal Roofing
Metal roofing has been a popular choice for many commercial and industrial businesses for a number of reasons. This roofing material is durable, sustainable, and requires minimum maintenance. Not to mention it is also aesthetically pleasing.
This roofing system gives commercial and industrial business owners the peace of mind that their roof is going to provide safety and protection for a long time.
What is Metal Roof Restoration and Replacement
Even though metal roofing is a great roofing choice, there will come a time when your metal roof will start to show signs of damage and deterioration. After all, extreme temperatures, precipitation, weather changes, and time wear through even the most well-maintained metal roofs.
This is why you will need to consider seeking the help of a professional roofing contractor to either restore your metal roof or, in the worst case, replace it entirely.
Metal Roof Restoration vs. Roof Replacement
Here is what you need to know to determine if you need a metal roof restoration or replacement.
Metal Roof Restoration: As the years go by leaks and other problems will appear through no fault of your own or the commercial roofing contractor who installed it in the first place.
This is quite normal and bound to happen at some point. The process of restoring a metal roof is a cost-effective choice that usually means repairing spots with deficiencies, replacing fasteners, and perhaps even applying an acrylic or urethane coating depending on the type of roof and how it was originally constructed.
Metal Roof Replacement: When your metal roof shows a lot of damage or has deteriorated due to its age, a simple repair/restoration service won’t be enough to fix it completely.
This means you will need to completely replace your metal roof with a newer one, and even though it can be pretty costly up-front, it will save you money over time as it will fix all your roofing problems in one sitting.
Essentially, when your metal roof is showing minor signs of damage, a repair/restoration service will do. However, when the damage is quite significant, or it’s showing a lot of rust, this will be an indication of potential roof failure that must be replaced.
Benefits of Metal Roof Restoration and Roof Replacement
No matter which options you end up choosing in the end, both of these choices will bring you a good amount of benefits such as:
Metal Roof Restoration Benefits:
- Less Expensive: It’s usually less expensive to restore a metal roof than to replace it.
- Extend Your Roofs Live: If properly installed and well taken care of, a metal roof can last a long time, not to mention that you can restore it more than once as long as the metal roofing system remains structurally sound.
- It’s an Environmentally Friendly Choice: By choosing to repair the roof instead of replacing it, you’re sending fewer materials to landfills.
Metal Roof Replacement Benefits:
- Superior Durability: Replacing your old roof with a new one means you will acquire a roof that is more resistant to damage compared to your previous one.
- Avoid Repairs: Installing a new roof also means you will avoid repairs since your new roof will be able to stand for a good while before it needs to be repaired.
- Improved Energy Efficiency: A good roof means good protection against the elements and easier temperature regulation for the building it’s installed on.
Why Choose Us
At Gentry Flat Roof, we offer highly efficient and affordable metal roof restoration services as well as metal roof replacement services to Oshawa and the GTA areas, including Brampton, Markham, Whitby, Mississauga, Etobicoke, Port Perry, New Castle, Durham Region, York Region, and Peel Region.
Our licensed team of roofers is knowledgeable and experienced on all kinds of roofing projects and is highly trained in the newest commercial roofing innovations.